Top Tips for a Successful Telehealth Consultation:
1. Be on time..to maximize the most of your appointment
2. You must have a device with internet connection, a mike and camera.
3. Have a Private space – remember this is a medical consultation. You want it to be confidential. Ideally lock the door and turn off phone ringers to minimize interruptions
4. Consider letting family/work colleagues know that you are in a virtual appointment to avoid interruptions. If you are in an open plan office consider going to your car.
5. Have your photographic ID ready so that we can identify you.
6. If you have insurance please have your Insurance Card ready if applicable.
7. Have a list of questions you want to ask and important points you wish to make
8. Have your medications or at list a list with dosages to hand
9. Have any relevant Test results to hand
10. Think about your clothing: If the lesion you wish to discuss is on your leg, consider wearing shorts…if on the arm, wear a tank top etc.
11. If you have any medical equipment like a Blood pressure machine, thermometer, blood glucose testing kit have these to hand as they can provide the doctor with additional information.
Advancement in technology has made Telehealth and medical video consultation a reality. Learn more about what is Telehealth and its benefits . Telehealth and Telemedicine services are especially useful for patients who are housebound or are unable to show up at the doctor’s clinic due to time constraints. Follow the tips above in your next virtual medical appointment to make the most of your time.